1. Rainy days are calming, especially when I can stay home.
2. Love grows deeper with every year if you allow yourself to trust.
3. Alarm clocks never sound soothing.
4. Laundry is a never ending chore that will drive even the sanest person crazy.
5. Coffee is a necessity. Period.
6. Naps become more attractive as you age.
7. There is never anything worth watching on TV, and yet I watch TV.
8. Windows will never look clean and clear.
9. I hate washing windows.
10. Working full-time is easier than working part-time. Not sure why, it just is.
11. Crock pots are a gift from God for a busy mom.
12. Fresh-baked, warm chocolate chip cookies will cure just about any bad mood.
13. No matter what I serve for supper (with the exception of pizza) one of my children will inevitably say “yuck.”
14. The teapot whistling on a cold winter’s day is like music to my ears.
15. Cars will get flat tires, and it is never the right time or place.
16. Men and women will never fully understand each other, and that’s OK.
17. Daylight savings time rocks when you gain an hour.
18. Losing an hour stinks.
19. My children need my love each and every day.
20. Spending time with my children is the greatest gift I can give them.
21. Moms need time away from their children in order to stay sane.
22. Technology will fail you when you need it the most.
23. Pencils and paper work just as well as Word.
24. Weight loss gets more difficult with age.
25. Gravity has become my enemy.
26. A good bra is as supportive as a best friend.
27. My babies adored me.
28. My toddlers idolized me.
29. My school-agers admire me.
30. My teenagers despise me sometimes.
31. I love my teenagers enough to let them despise me sometimes.
32. Fashion trends may change, but I will never be fashionable.
33. A good pair of jeans is worth their weight in gold.
34. Kids will hide food and wrappers underneath couch cushions.
35. Making hot cocoa with milk on a cold winter’s day wins you mother of the year.
36. My kiddos primary job is to destroy our house, one day at a time.
37. A kitchen floor with UFO’s (unidentified food objects) is a well-loved kitchen.
38. Hiring a cleaning lady sounds more attractive every year.
39. Patience does not increase with age.
40. Kindness is always the answer.
41. God’s love is unconditional, grace is a gift and I need Jesus more every day.
42. My husband puts up with a lot, and I am thankful he loves me anyway.
43. I am blessed more than I deserve, and life is too short not to enjoy each moment with the ones I love the most.
Published: October 24, 2011